Pointe Coupée Early Childhood Coalition, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization and all donations are tax deductible. In addition, Point Coupée Early Childhood Coalition has been designated by the state to be the Child Care Resource & Referral Agency for the benefit of Pointe Coupée Parish, and is the agency authorized to collect School Readiness Tax Credit (SRTC) donations for Pointe Coupée.
Louisiana was the first state to establish tax credits encouraging private investments in early education. The SRTC was put in place to improve the quality of care and education programs and services for our youngest children.
Thank you for investing in our future! Since 2016, $570,950 of your state tax dollars have been redirected to Pointe Coupée for the benefit of early education—birth to four.
What are the Louisiana School Readiness Tax Credits for Businesses?
In 2007, the Louisiana Legislature passed a unique package of tax credits known as the School Readiness Tax Credits The law R.S. 47:6107 became effective in 2008. Included in this package is a dollar-for-dollar refundable Louisiana state tax credit for businesses, up to $5,000 annually.
Why Should Your Business Should Invest in Early Childhood Education?
- You can turn your tax liability into an investment in early childhood care and education
- For every dollar up to $5,000, your business will receive a dollar-for-dollar refundable credit on its Louisiana state taxes
- Your tax dollars can be put directly back into our community
Who Can Invest Through School Readiness Tax Credits?
All businesses with a Louisiana Tax ID are eligible, including for-profit; non-profit organizations; sole proprietorships; partnerships; limited liability corporations (LLC); and corporations.
How Will Your Investment Make an Impact?
Your contribution will work directly to provide the best early childhood education for Pointe Coupée's children ages birth to four years old and their families, AT NO COST, by:
- Connecting parents and families to high-quality child care and development
- Providing comprehensive professional development for the early care workforce
- Providing instructional one-on-one coaching to the early care workforce
- Providing curriculum, lesson plan materials, and age appropriate books and toys to early care centers